Scalability, performance, and availability have historically been seen as separate tunables. Up to this point, the common perspective has been that a database system could have two but not all three of these characteristics. The advancement of Distributed SQL as a primary data platform has reshaped these assumptions.
Join the Data at Scale meetup where you will connect with industry-leading data experts and practitioners. We will be exploring the various challenges and obstacles that come with scaling data, as well as sharing practical experiences and best practices related to distributed SQL, data warehousing, data engineering, and data for model training (such as the kind that fuels AI models like ChatGPT).
Also enjoy delicious food and drinks, receive some cool swag, and even have the opportunity to win lucky draw prizes.
* 5:00pm~6:00pm: Checkin, Food/drink and networking
* 6:00pm~6:40pm: Tech talk: scaling data platform on hybrid transactional and analytical processing
* 6:40pm~7:30pm: Hands-on workshop and Demo
* 7:30pm: Open discussion & Mixer
Scaling Data Platform on Hybrid Transactional and Analytical Processing
Speaker: Bill Kendall @PingCAP
Abstract: Join us as we explore TiDB and TiDB Cloud, a fully-managed DBaaS offering of TiDB. In this tech talk session, we will discuss:
- Horizontally scalable, distributed architecture
- Challenges of legacy scaling architectures
- Enables fully ACID OLTP plus access to deep aggregation on real-time data
- Simplifies the data ecosystem by eliminating the need for multiple niche platforms and the connecting data pipelines
Hands-on Workshop and Demo
Abstract: Bring your laptop if you are eager to take part in the hands-on workshop. In this workshop session, you will learn:
- Introduction to TiDB managed Cloud platform
- Deploy a serverless TiDB Cluster in the Cloud
- Explore TiDB Cloud console functions & features
- Use SQL Smart Optimizer delivers fast query results
- Leverage AI to generate SQL queries with ChatGPT
WeWork (Terminus 100), 3280 Peachtree Road NE Atlanta, GA 30305 Google Map
How to find us: 7th floor of Terminus 100 building. We will validate your parking or $20 Voucher for Uber/Lyft for first 20 attendees.
We will raffle winners for prizes during the event. To enter the lucky draw, share the event on social media:
#dataatscale Join data at scale event in Atlanta by @aicampai @pingcap to learn real-time data process&distributed SQL. Free join in person: https://www.aicamp.ai/event/eventdetails/W2023030814